Citizens of Azerbaijan or foreign residents with a legal stay in Azerbaijan can apply for a short-stay Schengen visa (up to 90 days within a period of 180 days) through the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Baku for visits to Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. If you are a Georgian citizen, planning to visit Norway you must apply through the French Embassy in Tbilisi. If you are a citizen of Turkmenistan, you must apply through the German Embassy in Ashgabat.
REQUIREMENT FOR A VISA:
• You must have a passport that is valid for at least three months after the end of your visit. The passport must be issued within the last ten years.
• You must have valid travel insurance.
• You must have enough money to finance your stay and your return journey. You must normally have a sum equivalent to NOK 500 for each day of your stay. Alternatively, the person or company you are visiting in Norway or other represented countries can provide a financial guarantee for your travel and stay.
• You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
• If you have been in the Schengen area in the last 90 days, you must check when it is possible for you to re-enter, and how many days you can stay in Schengen. Please use the visa calculator to check this.
• If you are under the age of 18, both your parents or other persons responsible for you, must sign your application.
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 1. Register your application online via the Application Portal, choose the Norwegian Embassy in Baku and pay the visa fee by credit/debit card. Print out and sign the Cover Letter assigned to your application from the Application Portal (the Cover Letter is generated after you complete the registration and pay for your application).
STEP 2. Print out the Embassy’s checklist of required documents and gather the necessary documents depending on the purpose of your trip. Please find a link to the relevant invitation forms under the "Application Forms" sidebar on this page.
STEP 3. Hand in the visa application and the supporting documents in person at VFS Visa Application Centre in Baku: "DAMIRCHI" Tower, Khojali ave. 37 (next to Khatai metro station). Fingerprints and a digital photo will also be collected. The service fee to be charged is AZN 45. To book an appointment please call +99412 4047638 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (the maximum waiting time is 3 days).
PLEASE FIND IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON HOW WE ASSESS YOUR VISA APPLICATION ON THE FOLLOWING UDI WEB PAGE
• The processing time for each visa application is up to 10 calendar days. Please note that the period may be extended up to 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed. If the Embassy considers it necessary, additional information will be requested from the applicant.
• The visa fee is 35 Euro, but for certain groups of applicants the visa fee will be reimbursed in accordance with the Visa Code and the Visa Facilitation Agreements between EU and Azerbaijan and between Norway and Azerbaijan.
• All private invitations must be delivered only in original. Please find a link to the relevant invitation forms under the "Application Forms" sidebar on this page.
• In accordance with the Visa Facilitation Agreement between the EU and Azerbaijan and between Norway and Azerbaijan, all holders of diplomatic passports travelling to Norway, Sweden and Finland do not need a visa to enter the countries which joined the agreement.
• All documents to be submitted to the Embassy should be of A4 paper format and clearly readable. Documents of other than A4 format will not be accepted.