Are you an Azerbaijani citizen or resident applying for an ordinary visa to Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Iceland? Are you a Georgian citizen planning to visit Norway? (Please be informed that Georgian citizens applying for a visa (not permit) to Norway have to choose the Embassy of France in Tbilisi as the first instance). Now you can go online to register your visa application, make your payment (by a credit/debit card) and book an appointment (optional) with the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Baku using the Visa Portal. Applicants applying for any type of permits for Norway should also use this Portal to register their applications online (it’s not applied for applicants applying for any type of permits for Denmark).
What is the Visa Portal?
The Norwegian Visa Portal is a web-site where visa applicants, applying through the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Baku, fill their application forms online. The applicants must also pay the visa fee (by a credit/debit card) and book an appointment at the relevant Embassy/Consulate General before the application is sent to the Foreign Service Mission. It is very important to choose the correct Foreign Service Mission/Embassy when starting the registration process, which is always "Royal Norwegian Embassy in Baku". The Visa Portal is also open to sponsors wishing to assist the person they are inviting. The sponsor can fill in the application form, pay the visa fee (by a credit/debit card) and book an appointment for the applicant. The Application Cover Letter containing the applicant’s personal details, unique reference number and booking details can be printed out by the applicant himself/herself or posted to the applicant along with the invitation, guarantee form, etc.
The applicant still needs to meet in person with the required documents in order to apply for a relevant visa, as the processing time for his/her application starts from the day when the applicant deliveres all required documents to the Embassy.
Benefits for the applicants using the Visa Portal
- Processing time using the Visa Portal is, generally, 3-5 working days. However, it is important to apply for a Schengen visa well in advance before your planned departure. To ensure a swift processing of your case it is advisable to lodge an application 15 days before departure to the Schengen area.
- The period of time for taking a decision on a visa application may be extended up to 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed. If the Embassy considers it necessary, additional information will be requested from the applicant. If the case falls outside of the Embassy’s scope to approve the application, it’s usually sent for decision-making to the relevant immigration authorities in the country the applicant is applying for, and it usually requires longer time for its processing.
- Assistance (electronic guidance) when filling in the application form.
- Previous (individual) applications can be used as templates for subsequent applications in the future.
- Access to status of application online.
- Automatic messages by SMS and/or e-mail every time status changes if the Foreign Service Mission requires further information.
- Easy access to relevant web pages from the Portal.
- No queuing at the Foreign Service Mission (applicants can book an appointment, which is optional, but not obligatory).
- Easy and time efficient to register multiple applications (groups, families, etc.).
For registration at the Norwegian Visa Portal (register your application, pay visa fee by a credit/debit card and book your appointment online) please click here.
After registering your application, paying the visa fee and booking your appointment on the Visa Portal, you are requested to visit the Embassy by the booked appointment to submit the documents required to apply for a relevant visa (booking an appointment is optional, as after registering your application, it is still possible to visit the Embassy within the visa days and hours without making any appointment).
Please note that the Embassy will not accept an incomplete package of documents required to apply for a visa to Norway and other countries represented by the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Baku.
Please also note that all documents to be submitted to the Embassy should be of A4 paper format and clearly readable. Documents of other than A4 format will not be accepted.
Therefore, the Embassy strongly recommends each applicant to check and prepare properly the list of the required documents before submitting/registering your visa application online. But please note, that the Visa Portal can and should only be used by applicants who have Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and/or Iceland as their main destination.
If the main destination of your trip is Norway or one of the countries represented by the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Baku (Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Iceland) please visit the following links to check the harmonized list of supporting documents required to apply for a relevant visa (depending on the purpose of the intended trip):
Harmonized list of supporting documents for a Schengen visa with the purpose "Official/Business or Short Business Training".
Harmonized list of supporting documents for a Schengen visa with the purpose "Private visit (visit to a family/relative(s) and/or friend(s), etc.".
Harmonized list of supporting documents for a Schengen visa with the purpose "Tourism".
The visa fee is EUR 60.
Citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Ukraine pay only EUR 35.
Close relatives of EU/EEA citizens (if EU/EEA citizen is not living in his/her home country) and children under 6 years old as well as holders of diplomatic passports are exempted from paying visa fees (only if they travel on official/business purpose).
Applicants between 6-12 years old age pay EUR 35.
The list of available applications to be downloaded is given here.
Please note that the Consulate Section answers the phone calls only between 14:00 - 16:00.